5.26.2006

Lake Merrit and stop lights/signs

What is with people in Oakland and their(our) casual relationship with traffic signals? Oakland would not be in so much debt if the police actually gave people tickets for running red lights. Most days on the way to the bridge entrance off Grand I see at least 3 cars run red lights (4 if you count me!). It is so common that most people wait a little after the light goes green to let any stragglers through. I was kinda shocked when I first moved up here from San Diego. Is the city too broke to hire more traffic cops? Though there are plenty of people handing out parking tickets. Much easier to give a ticket to a parked car than a moving one.

Just walked around Lake Merritt, the stinky cesspool of Oakland. It merits a cleaning. Is that why a new fountain was put in to aerate the water? Some days if you are downwind...mighty bad smell. If that is the case, then a few more could be put in.

Trying for cardio. baby geese. Saw a bird dive into the lake and catch a fish, saw another one eating one. Maybe it was a heron, tall white skinny bird...pausing mid swallow, looked like it was choking. So much @#@# goose poop. I wish they would go back to Canada. We need to bring in some predators. I wonder if they are edible. Well I guess anything is edible, just ask the Donner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment