4.09.2007

Po Mo

So I was at a meeting the other day and at the end of the meeting someone joked about doing something post-modern so that no one had to be good at anything. Why is there that idea about po mo? If it's po mo I don't have to be good at whatever I am doing. Definitely seen that at some shows. Saw this group Poni at Sophiensaele in Berlin. Did a lot of performing of things badly. Musicians "dancing". I wonder if musicians would like it if the dancers picked up their instruments and started jamming.

I would say that there is a confusing of lack of hierarchy with lack of skill. Yes I could change the hierarchy with which I define my ballet skills and say that I am as good as Baryshnikov, but the defined hierarchy for ballet exists and comparing my ballet skills to that, well, pretty sad. lack of hierarchy or relativism does not mean complete rejection of all measurement of value.

hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment