9.16.2007

I think Muni is

retarded. Well, for that matter, BART, too. Today, or I guess technically, yesterday I walked to the Embarcadero stop to board Muni to ride the N-Judah to the Church/Duboce stop. To board Muni, I need to pay $1.50. Fine, but not enough quarters. The change machine for Muni was out of coins. So I go to a BART ticket machine that changes $20 bills to 4 $5s or $10 bills to 2 $5s. Fine, but there still is no way to get quarters because to get quarters from the BART machines you have to use $1 bills. So I ended up buying a postcard from the information kiosk just so that I could get a $1 bill to get quarters from the BART machine to board Muni.

Talk about lack of synergy - transfers from BART to Muni are not free. In terms of usage they are basically the same transit system, yet different tickets and costs. Why not streamline the whole system for the Bay Area? Allow people who are BARTing into SF to use the same cards on Muni. Why are there no monthly passes available? I am sure that they could make some money from monthly passes. I bet enough people would buy them and not use them enough/lose them.

The transit system here in Cali is terrible. Wonder why that is? Ford? GM? Chevy?

tired...Zodiac was too long and not as interesting as had hoped

No comments:

Post a Comment