11.12.2006

Sunday Morning

Sunday morning yesterday and I must be moving
Goodbye angel goodbye heart, I best be moving on
Some say they will, some say they won't

Those are not the lyrics, but that is how I am hearing them right now, to a Supertramp song. At least I think it's a Supertramp song. I was first introduced to Supertramp, not by hearing their music but by reading lines from their lyrics in the yearbook of the school where my father taught- www.polytechnic.org. The seniors, on their pages would have quotes from Supertramp. For acouple years that band was quite popular with graduating classes. Long hair and big glasses.

"who is this tramp and why is he super? Does he have a cape? What powers does this tramp have? Super B.O. or super wine breath?" I was mystified as a child, looking at all the seniors' pictures. Seniors were really old then. Parents were old but that was another class of old. In a way seniors, even 8th graders were old, older than parents, because they weren't parents, kids but of an unattainable age.

The wikipedia site doesn't have info as to why the band was called Supertramp.

When will time travel be possible? I have times I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment